U15 - League Cup

  • competition : U15 - League Cup
  • date : 13/10/2018
  • time : 11:30
  • comment :

Match Report

BSG rtc v WMA Barnsly Fc

Bham St Georges and WMA Barnsley played out a hard-fought cup-tie in very windy conditions.

The home side started brightly with the wind behind them. Chances for Mason and Surrell went begging before Paddock’s 25-yard strike whistled just over the bar.

However, it was Barnsley who broke the deadlock on 19 minutes minutes. Ojeley came off his line to claim a through ball and as the forward and keeper slid in together, the ball broke in the attacker’s favour and the visitors tapped in from close range.  1-0

Defensive errors from the home side provided two further chances for the visitors who punished the mistakes to take a 3-0 lead.

St Georges continued to pass the ball well in possession and a great move down the left side, involving several one touch passes, led to Mason shooting just wide from 10 yards.

Another Barnsley through ball played down the middle just before half time saw defenders and keeper leaving the ball for each other and Channer seized on the error to give Barnsley a commanding 4–0 lead at the break.

Half Time:  St Georges 0 – 4 Barnsley

The visitors made the most of the wind after half time bombarding the St Georges goal with a succession of corners and free kicks in the final third.

Channer nodded in a corner and no 8 fired in a fine 25-yard strike before Channer was again first to the ball to extend the lead to 7-0 on 51 minutes with his third goal of the game

St Georges, with only one substitute and a couple of injured players began to tire as Barnsley rotated their players to keep the pressure on. However, Gt Georges didn’t give up and Mason raced on to a long ball over the top to shrug off two defenders, before bundling his way past the keeper to finish from close range. 1 – 7

The goal seemed to give the hosts a little more belief and the tide was stemmed for a while despite the wind making it difficult for them to play the ball out from the back. Dropping deeper into their own half they eventually gave possession away again and Barnsley added to the score line to make it 1 – 8.

Following another good St Georges passing move, Paddock’s shot was tipped away for a corner by the visitors’ keeper. From the resultant corner, the ball was cleared to Jones whose shot from the edge of the box was blocked on the line. Njapou was there to fire home from close range to make the final score 2-8.

It was an improved performance from St Georges with some decent work in possession. However, out of possession they allowed Barnsley too much time and space and the visitors’ finishing was clinical. Several errors in the defensive third certainly contributed to the score line and Barnsley fully deserved to go through to the next round.

Final Score:    RTC Bham St Georges 2 – 8 WMA Barnsley FC

  • RTC Bham St Georges
  • match summary
  • WMA Barnsley FC
RTC Bham St Georges stats
NO name Goals G S B
Isak Barrington
Tyree Grant
Ethan Noah Paddock
Harrison Jones
Jacob Ojelay
Zion Cunningham
Leslie Osuwa Omorodion
Alex Wagstaff
Chris Njapou
Finley Surrell
Ben Mason
Harry Paul Beard
NO name Goals G S B
Harry Farnell
Jacob Green 1
Harrison Cook
Shevron Channer 3
Khaylan Nagar
Mohammed Sajad
Woody Norman 1
Freddie Barnes